Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE LOSER CLUB

I slowly ate my cereal because I knew that I would have to go to school and face...them. Every day that I went to school, I was teased by them about anything they felt was wrong with me. It could be my shoes, my hair, anything. I don't even know what I did to them. As soon as I started middle school, they attacked me.

I was walking to my first period class when...

"Hey, check it out. It's the captain of the Loser Club! How many times do I have to tell you, Olivia? Stay out of my way!"

That was Collette, or Cloe for short. I call her Collette just to bug her.

"Stop bugging me, Collette!" I said.

"Don't call me that! You know that I absolutely hate that name! Call me Cloe or I'll make your life miserable."

"Well, it doesn't matter because you already are making my life miserable!"

"Well, how about we all make your life miserable?"

Then, Collette's two "friends" came around the corner. They're Michelle and Rachel.

"Yeah! Let's make her so miserable that she will have to stay home and away from school!" exclaimed Rachel.

"No, no, no. That's not necessary." said Michelle.

She's the nice one, but she doesn't act that way around the other two.

"Yeah. Michelle is right. That's a little too miserable, but we can make it to where she is afraid to leave her first class and go to her next classes," said Collette.

*Rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg!*

"Oh, come on! We have to get to first period or we'll get detention...again. See you, Loser!" yelled Collette as she ran the wrong hallway. I ran into my class just as the last bell rang.

"Almost late again, Miss Goldfield," Ms. Chamber, my teacher, said.

"Sorry Ms. Chambers. Sorry for the delay!" I said dramatically, dropping my heavy books on my desk.

"Please don't do it again," said Ms. Chambers.

"Yes, Ms. Chambers. I'm sorry."

"Alright class, let's talk math."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of first period, terrified. I started running to my locker. Just as I had arrived, Collette, blocked my locker so I couldn't get into it.

"Oh?! Is somebody trying to put their books away?? I-"

"More like NOBODY!!!!" laughed Rachel.

I don't think you're going to, Loser," Collette said, while the others giggled. "Um..... Well, you have to go get your books or you'll be late and get DETENTION!!!!!!!!" I explained.

"We asked to go to the bathroom soon before the bell rang and really went to our lockers and got our books so we could trap you....here," explained Collette.

The school principal started walking down the hallway so Collette and her "crew" pretended they were just walking by. I escaped the rest of the day without anymore encounters. But on my walk home....

"Hey, captain of the Loser Club!! Where do you think you're going?? Michelle, go tease her while I talk to little Miss Blabbermouth over here!!" exclaimed Collette.

"Will do," said Michelle.

So, Michelle walked over to me and pulled me into an alley.

"Listen! Before you start teasing me or anything, let me just say something," I said. "Please just tell me why you guys hate me so much! I don't understand what I did to deserve this kind of torture. I can't even walk home without being ambushed by a group of...BULLIES!!!! It's unfair! Explain to me what I did wrong! Please!!!!!!"

"Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything to you! I don't even know why I'm in her "crew". I don't get it! She randomly chooses people in the halls to RUIN other people's lives!! She does the same thing for the victim. She'll go around and pick people who she can torture. I'm so sorry. I never would have done this except for the fact that if I didn't she would torture me more than she tortures you! Oh! I hear her coming. Think of something sad and start crying! Please!"

"How bad did you tease her?" asked Collette, with a smirk on her face. "Oh, I teased her a little. Not too bad though.," replied Michelle.

I ran to the corner of the dead end alley and pretended to cry until actual tears started coming out of my eyes.

"Well, you got her in the corner crying. I'd say you slapped her or something! You're amazing. Oh. We're going to have to look for a new crew member. I kicked Rachel out for talking to the principal and mentioning me torturing Olivia.

"Did you get into trouble?" asked Michelle.

"No, she didn't mention my name, just that she new me. Okay, time for some torture. Come here Olivia."

Not knowing what was going to happen next I walked over and Collette said......

"Now don't tell anyone what I'm doing to you or I'll do this every period, everyday, all year long."

Next, she slapped me in the face and kicked my ankle. I cried out in pain, grabbed my backpack, and started limping home.

"See you later, Captain Loser of the Loser Club. Oh! And don't forget, don't tell anyone!"

"Why did you do that? That was horrible! You're a cruel freak! I quit! I'm walking home with Olivia and never talking to you again! Wait up, Olivia!" exclaimed Michelle (I told you she was nice).

I turned around and saw MIchelle running towards me saying, "Wait up!" Then I looked behind her and saw Collette standing there with her mouth hanging open.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, I walked into school and there was NO Collette, but I still walked into the principal's office that afternoon.

"Hello, Ms. Goldfield. How are you today?" asked our principal, Mr. Rowe.

"Not awesome, but better. Collette Burn has been bulling me and slapped and kicked me in an alley yesterday, after school. She also teases me here in school," I explained.

Mr. Rowe looked like he would pass out. He was freaking out!!

"She did WHAT?!?! I can't believe it! Since it is Thursday, she will be suspended on Friday and might have other punishments. I can't believe that she would do such a thing! Thank you, Olivia, for telling me!! I'll see you later."

"Alright Mr. Rowe. Have a nice day."

I left feeling better now that I had told someone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After that, I never really talked to Collette and she didn't talk to me either. I went the rest of my school years never talking to her, but now, at age 26, we talk all of the time. She said she was sorry and we became friends. Great friends.

If you are being bullied, tell a trusted adult. The bully could apologize and even become one of your best friends.

SUBMITTED BY ALEXIS, 6-W

No comments:

Post a Comment